[menog] RE: [ncc-regional-middle-east] Peering

Khan, Amjad akhan at flagtelecom.com
Thu Aug 2 06:46:01 GMT 2007

FLAG has a footprint in the GCC via its FALCON Landing Stations in Saudi
(Jeddah), Saudi (Khobar), Kuwait, Qatar, Dubai, Oman. FLAG is in the process
of signing agreements with the local partners to build an IP layer
interconnecting these FALCON landing stations by deploying IP POPs.

We are also trying to sign an agreement to build an Aggregation POP in a
select landing station that will aggregate the GCC IP traffic. This will
serve as a High Speed (STM-4/STM-16) virtual-IX and provide a POP-POP RTD of
less than 25 msec within the GCC.
Therefore ISPs, content providers can connect to the FALCON POPs and not
only take IP transit, VPN, services but, also become part of this
virtual-IX. As the traffic grows the virtual-IX can evolve as an independent
entity.

Regards,
Amjad Khan
Manager, IP services - MEA