[menog] PON

Fahad AlShirawi fahad at 2connectbahrain.com
Thu Aug 9 06:15:05 GMT 2007

I just thought I'd start up another topic of interest to network operators.
PONs. Network overheads are supposed to be greatly reduced and operations
more streamlined with the technology. Also, the structure of deployment is
changed so there are lower dig costs and, as a result of reduced capex,
higher IRR rates.

We've deployed PON in Bahrain and we love it. Still, Bahrain is small. I am
interested in finding out if anyone has deployed it on a much bigger scale
and what their experience is? What technical challenges did they face?

Fahad.