[menog] Re: [ncc-regional-middle-east] Peering

Timo Liuska tic at isu.net.sa
Tue Jul 31 10:26:39 GMT 2007

My understanding is that currently it's probably not very cost
effective for all the ISP's in KSA to have any direct connectivity to
other countries. Most of the traffic is coming anyways from Europe
and U.S. and that's why there hasn't been very much progress in this
issue.

But if we get some day the national IX here in KSA, it might offer
better possibilities also for developing the access to other Gulf
area countries. When all the national providers are interconnected to
one logical point, it would be a perfect opportunity for some transit
provider to offer interconnectivity to the Gulf area IX, whether it's
located in Bahrain or in some other country.

Just my 2 cents,
Timo