[menog] FLAG Cable Cut - Update

Sanghani, Bijal BSanghani at flagtelecom.com
Tue Feb 5 09:25:51 GMT 2008

Dear All,

Thought I'd give you all an update on where we (FLAG) are with the cable
cuts -

FEA Segment D - The Cable ship CS Certamen is now expected to arrive at the
Alexandria repair ground on Wednesday 6th February. A Permit for the repair
is currently being expedited with the Egyptian authorities.

FEA Segment M - The cable ship CS Asean Restorer has been booked for this
repair. It is currently out on an APCN repair and with current plan will be
ready to start any work on our cable on or after 11th Feb. We have the OTDR
traces from Penang and see that the fault is around 28km out from the
station.

FALCON Segment 7b (Bandra Abbas - Al Seeb) - E-Marine continues to await the
permit to enter the Iranian waters and current forecast for the ship to
start a work is around 19th February.

FALCON Segment 2 - Fault 1st February 41km from repeater, which is between
the first two repeaters out of Dubai toward Muscat (Al Seeb). The ship has
left Abu Dhabi and is on route to the repair ground. The repair is expected
to start in the next 12 hours (weather permitting).

FALCON Segment 7a - Fault 1st February between BND (Bandar Abbas, Iran) and
KWI (Kuwait), we are waiting for ship to go out and it maybe fixed before
going out the fault on 7b - to be confirmed.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Bijal Sanghani

Sr. IP Technical Support Engineer