[menog] .asia landrush

jim.mercer at viszo.com jim.mercer at viszo.com
Wed Feb 27 06:39:20 GMT 2008

> From: Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net>
>
> It was really disappointing.  I didn't become and
> engineer and work on building the Internet for twenty years to enable
> this.

over the past 20 years, i've seen the internet go from a cool techie environment to a vastly commercial advertisement launch platform.

however, all that being said, i've also participated in leveraging the corporate world in order to extend the reach of the internet into the carribean, high arctic, pakistan and iran, amongst other places, not to mention using it to email-enable many dis-enfranchised people to allow them the ability to keep in touch with far-flung friends and relatives at nominal cost.

sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad, especially when the bad is inevitable.

--
Jim Mercer