[menog] Fw: Looking Glass test

Kaveh Ranjbar kaveh.ranjbar at ripe.net
Mon Apr 20 09:42:11 GMT 2009

Hi,

And if you want to provide web access, you can use famous lg
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/lg/), this is the script that's being
used by many major providers. The idea is the same, you install a box
(or give access to one of your existing boxes) and configure lg to get
data through rsh (recommended for Cisco) or Telnet or ssh and that's it :)

lg.conf is pretty much straight forward, it directives like:

        <Router Name="Cisco rsh">
            <URL>rsh://10.0.0.1</URL>
        </Router>

Good news is that you can connect different lg's to each other, so, one
lg can query another lg... this feature can be used to setup a single
looking glass to monitor network status all over the region.

All the best,
Kaveh.