[menog] Announcing Dragon Research Group; sponsored by Team Cymru

Neil Long neil at cymru.com
Tue Jan 13 18:23:11 GMT 2009

Hello

I was fortunate to meet many of you in Doha and I am hoping this will
be on-topic as we all rely on global infrastructures..

In close cooperation with Team Cymru, Dragon Research Group is
announcing the launch of a new volunteer research organization
dedicated to further understanding online criminality and providing
actionable intelligence for the benefit of us all.

The Dragon Research Group is a 'not for profit' entity and as
envisioned will be comprised of a geographically dispersed set of
trusted volunteers who are passionate about making the Internet more
secure. Start up resources will be donated by Team Cymru but DRG will
rely on donations from other organizations in the future.

To meet its intended purpose, there will be a rigorous vetting
procedure but selected applicants will become part of a group that
will have access to the data and tools to really make a difference in
the fight against online crime.

The secure infrastructure is already in place and we're currently
finalizing some of the procedural details. Please expect a formal
launch announcement in the near future. Meanwhile, if you would like
to express an interest in becoming part of or making a donation to
this exciting new group, please contact dragon at cymru.com.

thanks,

Neil

--