[menog] news from Turkey

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Thu Dec 30 19:13:27 GMT 2010

On Dec 30, 2010, at 12:44 AM, Sezen YEŞİL wrote:

> Thank you all for the feedback!
>
> Dear Richard and Owen,
> I would agree with you that the timeline could be earlier than it is now.
> In the previous draft versions it was so actually,
> But I think that governments need to balance technical views with some realities (budget, capacities, etc):)
> I mean, a plan which is not perfect but more applicable is better than a plan which is technically perfect but far from being practicable.

I agree. However, my point on the late timeline is just that. I think it's impractical to wait that long
given that IANA will run out of IPv4 in a few weeks and the RIRs will most likely be 6-9 months
behind that, meaning IPv4 hard runout at the RIR level is probably 3Q 2011 at the latest.

Do you think a plan that aims for 2013 is practical given that environment?

Owen