[menog] ISPs and IPv6 access

Salman Al-Mannai SMANNAI at qtel.com.qa
Wed Jan 13 16:28:13 GMT 2010

I've been away from the MENOG for over a year now, only last week I was approached by someone from the 'top brd' who made a very strong statement about IPv6 after asking me which IP version we have in the company? :\ of course my answer was IPv4! Then he replied in a steaming mode: See how lousy you are doing, I just heard that IPv6 is out and you are not even at version 5!

This leads to one conclusion; we have not build enough awareness about IPv6 in the region, hence, I would like to see more participation from bright names such as Randy Bush and Dr. Latif Ladid in future MENOG events.

Regards

Sent on the move from BlackBerry Wireless Device by Qtel.