[menog] ISPs and IPv6 access

Hassan Al-Sayed halsayed at ict.gov.qa
Thu Jan 14 09:02:49 GMT 2010

Hello gents,

Hope all are doing well, please allow me to contribute to this interesting topic, I have been a silent member but definitely enjoying your valuable input.

With regards to the importance of IPv6. If we are talking business profits, then according to predictions say that ISPs may not be able to survive with IPv4 after 2012!  Internet is running out of IPs, so here is a strong business case.

Well maybe there is a debate around these predictions, if we talk customer-service rather than business profits, IPv6 security and QoS features would give the customers more confidence in using the Internet and more satisfaction with ISPs.

Yes maybe not many operators implemented IPv6, regionally or internationally, but I guess Service providers must prepare now, and enjoy the fruits later! :)

Hassan Al-Sayed
Executive Director,GIMO

Tel:
4995455

Fax:
4995495

Email:
mailto:halsayed at ict.gov.qa
Web:
http://www.ictqatar.qa/

PO Box-23264,Doha,Qatar

       The information in this email and any attachments thereto, may contain information that is confidential, protected by intellectual property rights, and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of the information contained herein by persons other than the designated addressee is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately from your system. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please contact the sender or ictQATAR at + 974 (4) 935 922 or mailto:abuse at ict.gov.qa, any views expressed in this email or its attachments are those of the individual sender except where the sender, expressly and with authority, states them to be the views of ictQATAR.