[menog] IPv6 routing

Umair Mansoor umairbinmansoor at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:25:46 GMT 2010

Dear,

Since the wireless revolution took place, there has been a lot of active research in the area. As a somewhat distant observer of the new research going particularly in IPv6 and IP routing in general, I am curious to know how the routing issue for a roaming, fixed IP (WiMax/3G) client would be addressed. Would it not affect the hierarchical structure of IPv6? Among the prospective solution (that I have come across so far), apart from VPN, would be Locator Identifier Separation Protocol (LISP). Kindly comment on this...

Regards,
Umair bin Mansoor