[menog] Peering / IX Bof @ MENOG6

Chkaiban, Alain Alain.Chkaiban at Level3.com
Fri Mar 12 19:07:10 GMT 2010

Dear Mehmet,

Is this planned already?
I haven't seen it in the draft agenda.

-----Original Message-----
From: menog-bounces at menog.net [mailto:menog-bounces at menog.net] On Behalf Of Mehmet Akcin
Sent: mardi 2 mars 2010 20:00
To: Mehmet Akcin; 'menog at menog.net'
Subject: Re: [menog] Peering / IX Bof @ MENOG6

Dear MENOG'ers

I thought I would outline the panel's details and current availability of
the slots. I've included parties that have confirmed their interest. I will
send one or two more updates once I have the slots filled.

See you all at Riyadh.

Peering / IX:

- Intro to IX & Peering : 5 Mins

    - What's peering? & Why peering is Good?

    - What's an Internet Exchange Point?

- Regional IXs : 30 Mins

    - Gulf IX :: 5 Mins

    - Available Slot 1

    - Available Slot 2

    - New IX's in the region :: 15 Mins

        - IST-IX :: 5 mins

        - Available Slot 1

        - Available Slot 2

- Non-Regional IXs : 25 Mins

    - How to connect to Non-regional IXs? :: 10 Mins

    - LINX :: 5 Mins

    - Available Slot 1

    - Available Slot 2

- Peering : 30 Mins

    - ISPs :: 20 Mins

        - Available Slot 1

        - Available Slot 2

        - Available Slot 3

        - Available Slot 4

    - Content Providers :: 10 Mins

        - Available Slot 1

        - Available Slot 2

    - Tools : 20 mins

        - Route Servers :: 10 Mins

            - What are route servers? what's multi-lateral peering? how does
route-servers help?

        - PeeringDB :: 10 Mins

            - Brief presentation about PeeringDB , perhaps some stats and
ask about who the members are.

- Open mike & Closing of the session : 10+ mins.

If you have questions let me know

Mehmet Akcin
MENOG PC