[menog] ADSL Service Provider Bandwidth Forecasting

Richard Barnes richard.barnes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 18:42:39 GMT 2010

Hi Kiyam,

I'm not an expert in Erlang theory, but here are a couple of results
from Google:

Passage from the book "Data networks, IP, and the Internet: protocols,
design, and operation", with an Erlang formula in a "rearranged form
appropriate to data network traffic modeling":
<http://books.google.com/books?id=HccWEdLdacwC&pg=PA578&lpg=PA578&dq=erlang+formula+for+data+networks&source=bl&ots=94PJDTYNbZ&sig=_bTcAkQnEieBiVVAHrfivQo4moQ&hl=en&ei=UtqbS6CcMYO78gbG7bWjDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CDAQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=erlang%20formula%20for%20data%20networks&f=false>

IEEE paper on Erlang computations for ATM:
<http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=04673458>
(Let me know if you the link doesn't work, and I'll send you a PDF)

Hope this helps,
--Richard