[menog] An article about the exhaustion of IPv4 addresses in AlRiyadh newspaper

Ahmed Abu-Abed ahmed at tamkien.com
Sun Apr 10 06:00:45 GMT 2011

Dr. Basil,

This is a very good and thorough explanation of the IPv6 and why it is needed, congratulations on having it published in the daily paper with good circulation.

I have a simpler & shorter version of the depletion event and why the IPv6 move is necessary, in Arabic of course, and if interested then let me know.

Arab media coverage of this fundamental shift in the Internet's foundation needs to improve, while global news outlets like CNN, MSNBC, ABC News and Economist have covered IPv4 the depletion event as well as IPv6.

Best Regards,

Ahmed Abu-Abed, P.Eng.
VP, IPv6 Forum Jordan Chapter
Amman, Jordan