[menog] call for volunteers for MENOG 8 PC

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Mon Feb 7 05:23:29 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

The MENOG Programme Committee is responsible for the solicitation and
selection of suitable presentation and tutorial content for each MENOG
meeting.  The MENOG Coordination Team are looking for volunteers to form
the Programme Committee to help assemble the programme for MENOG 8,
which will be held in Damascus, Syria from 15th to 23rd May.

Eligible candidates are those who have attended recent MENOGs, have
broad technical knowledge of Internet operations, and have some
reasonable familiarity with the format of MENOG meetings.  Having
constructive opinions and ideas about how the programme for MENOG might
be improved is of high value too.  PC members are expected to either
work actively to solicit content for MENOG, or review submissions, or
preferably both.  The PC conducts its work by email and on-line tools.

If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else, please
send me a brief note.  The note should include the nominee's contact
details (including e-mail address), and a brief description of why (in
your opinion) the nominee would be a good addition to the PC.

We'll accept nominations until Wednesday 23rd of February, so just over
2 weeks from now, and announce the composition of the PC in the
following days.

Many thanks!

Philip Smith
(for the MENOG Coordination Team)