[menog] New Arabic TLD and idea's popularity

Ahmed Abu-Abed ahmed at tamkien.com
Mon Oct 28 04:19:33 UTC 2013

Eric,

I believe these issues are resolved. For example we can simply input
دبي.امارات  and  عمان.الاردن (equivalent to dubai.emirates and amman.jordan)
as we would in English, ie starting with city name then ccTLD, and get to
the right page without concern for dot or LtoR or RtoL input. The browser is
smart enough to figure the syntax and text direction by itself; I tried this
on both Win 7 Explorer and iOS 6 Safari.

So the issue is back to why is there no widespread use; all IDN Arabic
websites I have run across are run by government.

Regards,
-Ahmed