[menog] New Arabic TLD and idea's popularity

Stephen Wilcox steve.wilcox at ixreach.com
Mon Oct 28 11:53:19 UTC 2013

Not wishing to sound skeptical, but isnt this all coming about 10 years too
late and thats the reason for the lack of adoption?

The device of choice is a smartphone or tablet, these are app and icon
based.

Being old fashioned I still use a computer but mostly find things, even
common websites by inputting the common name into a search bar (or browser
bar - Chrome doesnt distinguish) and the result is a clickable list of
search results, which will be in the local script and language.

eg the average user never inputs urls anyway, but when they do they likely
input arabic text directly to the browser for a search term and get a list
of website titles and then click them. they dont pay attention to the
underlying URL that much any more

Compare to this address books on mobile phones. In the 90s I could tell you
anyone's phone number from memory, now I know maybe my own and my Mums and
thats about it..

Steve

--
Director / Founder
IX Reach Ltd
E: steve.wilcox at ixreach.com
M: +44 7966 048633
Tempus Court, Bellfield Road, High Wycombe, HP13 5HA, UK.