[menog] New Arabic TLD and idea's popularity

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:38:35 UTC 2013

There is an interesting undercurrent here... what is now the value that
the DNS system provides ? What is the value of domain names ?

I'm actually not completely convinced that typing URLs will completely
vanish from the earth, as they are a convenient way of exchanging
pointers to bits of information.

However, it's pretty clear that the value of the names themselves is not
what it used to be.

And another random thought: should we start thinking about URLs and
domain names more as indexes into search engines databases ? This would
completely change the business model of domain name industry, something
that might be not entirely bad.

cheers!

~Carlos