[menog] [ICANN Job Opening] Director of Communications and Content
fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Thu Mar 13 15:12:33 UTC 2014
(sorry for cross posting)
Friends and Colleagues,
ICANN has a job opening for a "Director of Communications and Content". More
can be found at
Please spread the message around your networks.
We're looking for an experienced communications professional for a new role
to lead two important aspects of ICANN's communications. This role will be
responsible for telling ICANN's story through content and publications
development and social media engagement across ICANN. Helping ICANN reach
members of the Internet community, media and our various stakeholders
ICANN is an unusual non-profit global organization working for the public
benefit. It is based on a multi-stakeholder concept that brings interested
voices around the world into the bottom-up policy-making process for the
Internet's domain name systems (DNS).
Our work to ensure a secure and stable domain name system is attracting more
attention with the arrival of new gTLDs and the global debate on Internet
Governance among many other topics. You can find more about us at
We are expanding and changing rapidly, and we believe our future success
requires a greater focus on compelling content and world class social media
- in different languages, different countries and on different topics around
If you have a strong background in story telling and content development,
experience in the new channels available to tell engage online and
communications skills more broadly, you may be the person we're looking for
to join the ICANN team.
This is a global position, location to be determined, with preference for
Singapore or Istanbul. Final level of Senior Director or Director depending
· Lead digital strategic thinking around owned and earned social
· Define and drive global social media strategy and activities to
align with strategy and communications efforts across all social media
· Partner with colleagues to ensure seamless development, alignment
and implementation of social media strategies that are in line with global
communications objectives, ensuring appropriate localization.
· Oversee and also help deliver day-to-day social media activity
· Establish effective and measurable KPIs for social media activity.
Content and Publications
· Oversee editorial agenda for ICANN worldwide, identifying,
commissioning and/or creating compelling content to tell a variety of
stories in different languages, in different channels in different parts of
· Manage content for ICANN's web properties including www.icann.org
· Maintain a content calendar that coordinates scheduled ICANN
presentations and events with requested or needed materials.
· Maintain a catalog of materials for Speakers Bureau.
· Manage relationships with vendors and their contracts.
· Manage the publication budget in consultation with the VP of
· Supervise content and social media staff and freelance resources.
· Review methods of delivering content and determine what should be
moved from print to digital.
· Interact with ICANN staff and community, to include Executive
Staff and Departments, Regional VPs, Board of Directors, AC/SOs, and
· Commission, develop, produce, and distribute all printed and
online content/materials and for the management and oversight of those
· Demonstrated expertise in the social media space - broad
understanding and working knowledge of digital and social media platforms,
technologies, and trends.
· Demonstrated understanding of content development in a
· Strong writer and understanding of the editorial process
· Collaborate from a position that trends are both global and local.
· Demonstrated ability to work across multiple social and community
platforms with all types of diverse personalities.
· Strong project management skills, demonstrated ability to manage
and set multiple priorities and resources simultaneously with a high level
of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately use metrics.
· At least 10-12 years of experience including: content, online, and
social media experience working with/at digital agencies, media, in house
marketing or content teams and integrated / interactive media.
· Experience with the tech sector would be an advantage.
· Fluency in English critical and at least one other language
· Familiarity with ICANN is desirable, but not required.
· Proficiency with MS Office programs.
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an advantage but not
· Undergraduate degree required.
ICANN is a nonprofit public benefit corporation responsible for the global
coordination of the Internet's system of unique identifiers. These include
domain names as well as the addresses used in a variety of Internet
protocols. Computers use these identifiers to reach each other over the
Internet. Careful management of these resources is vital to the Internet's
operation, so ICANN's global stakeholders (Registrars, Registries, Internet
user groups, etc.) meet regularly to develop policies that ensure the
Internet's ongoing security and stability. Salary commensurate with
experience and qualifications.
ICANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual
orientation, age or other protected characteristics and complies with all
applicable laws and regulations.
All resumes should accompany a well written cover letter (first impressions
are everything). Tell us why you are the best person for the job. Only those
with comparable skills will be contacted. No phone calls or email please.
Singapore, Los Angeles or , İstanbul, Turkey
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5543 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.menog.org/pipermail/menog/attachments/20140313/8d1c96d7/attachment-0001.bin
More information about the Menog