[menog] [Summary] U.S. To Transfer Key Internet StewardshiptoGlobal Community
syesil at btk.gov.tr
Mon Mar 17 09:20:34 UTC 2014
Thank you very much for your e-mail.
We all have to play our roles, that is undestandable.
But, after all these years' performance (evidences are many, we all know them), how can one refer to a "fact" as a "perception", sorry but that is not understandable at least to me.
Nevertheless, applauses go to NTIA for the announcement.
All the best,
From: menog-bounces at lists.menog.org [mailto:menog-bounces at lists.menog.org] On Behalf Of Fahd Batayneh
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:35 PM
To: MENOG (menog at menog.net)
Subject: [menog] [Summary] U.S. To Transfer Key Internet Stewardship toGlobal Community
(sorry for cross posting)
Friends and Colleagues,
As there has been lots of news circulated on the U.S. Transfer of Key Internet Stewardship to Global Community, the following is a one-stop email for what has been released so far:
· NTIA Announcement -- http://www.ntia.doc.gov/press-release/2014/ntia-announces-intent-transition-key-internet-domain-name-functions
· ICANN Announcement -- http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-14mar14-en.htm
· Reaction of Internet Technical Leaders -- http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-14mar14-en.htm
· Reaction of ICANN's BoD Chair (Video) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCvtvVZyjLA&feature=youtu.be
· Reaction of ICANN's President and CEO (Video) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg_LD0C6ZiI&feature=youtu.be
· FAQ Sheet on the Process -- http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/iana/functions-transfer-faqs-14mar14-en.pdf
· Public Consultation Process -- http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/iana/functions-transfer-process-14mar14-en.pdf
As many have viewed ICANN and IANA to be US centric all these years, the time has come to change this perception by jumping on-board and engaging in the discussions. If we are to strengthen our regional Internet Governance ecosystem and domain name industry, we have to all join the discussions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Menog