[menog] [Summary] U.S. To Transfer Key Internet StewardshiptoGlobal Community

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Mon Mar 17 11:39:38 UTC 2014

Hi Sezen,

Thank you for your email.

On the term of "Perception", I used it to mean "observation" J.

Nevertheless, removing my ICANN hat (which I have been wearing for almost 6
months now) and wearing my old community hat ( which I wore for around 5
years prior to joining ICANN), I can tell you that folks from our region
have barely been part of the ICANN process. While attending ICANN meetings,
you come across the same old faces from the region, and when participating
in the proceedings of working groups, you will find the same usual names,
too. A handful of folks from the region cannot initiate a change, but 10s or
even 100s of active members can.

If we want to make this transition as satisfactory as possible, everyone has
to play their role. One hand cannot clap, but two hands can.

Hope that helps.

Fahd Batayneh

Speaking at a personal capacity