[menog] Proposed updates to RIPE Policy Development Process

Paul Rendek rendek at ripe.net
Wed May 7 12:05:41 UTC 2014

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a message from Hans Petter Holen,
the RIPE Deputy Chair, attached below.

Over the past few months a small task force has been working on some
minor changes in the RIPE Policy Development Process. These changes
should allow for a more speedy conclusion of the RIPE PDP and for the
collective of RIPE Working Group Chairs to act as an appeals body
throughout the process. The Task Force has now come to a conclusion -
the proposed revision is attached to this email, and community feedback
is being sought. It’s intended that these changes can be put in place
during the upcoming RIPE Meeting.

This document is very important as it describes how RIPE policies can be
made or changed and I would like to urge the whole community to review
this document and provide feedback.

Feedback can be sent to the RIPE Community mailing list, more
information about subscribing/posting to this list and the public
archives is available via
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail/ripe-mailing-lists/ripe-list

Kind regards,

Paul Rendek