[menog] Fwd: [comms] Rob Blokzijl Dies Peacefully Aged 72

Roger Asmar rasmar at sodetel.net.lb
Wed Dec 2 12:08:54 UTC 2015

Hello Serge and all the RIPE team,

We are really sorry for your loss and pray for God to let his soul rest in peace ;

Best Regards,

Roger

It with great sorrow that I forward this sad news to you all.

Serge Radovcic
Chief Communications Officer
RIPE NCC

-------- Doorgestuurd bericht --------

[comms] Rob Blokzijl Dies Peacefully Aged 72

Wed, 2 Dec 2015 11:02:11 +0100

Daniel Karrenberg  <mailto:daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net> <daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net>

RIPE Community  <mailto:ripe-list at ripe.net> <ripe-list at ripe.net>

Dear colleagues,

I have the painful duty to inform you that Rob Blokzijl, RIPE Chair
Emeritus died at his home in the Netherlands yesterday after a long illness.

https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/rob-blokzijl-obituary

This is a sad moment for all of us because we loose a leader whose
influence permeates the RIPE community and the way we conduct our work.
Rob will live on in this way.

Those who wish to share their own tribute to Rob can do so here for all
to see:

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/mirjam/tribute-to-dr-robert-blokzij-1943-2015

I am sure Rob would wish to see positive, even somewhat lighthearted
and anecdotal contributions.

Daniel Karrenberg
Chief Scientist
RIPE NCC