[menog] Updates on the IANA Stewardship Transition

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Fri May 8 09:05:57 UTC 2015

Friends and Colleagues,

As the work on the IANA Stewardship Transition is approaching the target
dates that were set for it, I would like to share with you some updates on
this important transition.

To start with, you can find the latest updates on the IANA Stewardship
discussions summarized in an easy-to-follow blog post at
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/an-update-on-iana-stewardship-discussions-sp
ecial-edition-of-the-names-function-proposal.

Following the posting of draft proposals for public comment by Cross
Community Working Groups on the IANA Stewardship Transition
(CWG-Stewardship) and on Enhancing ICANN Accountability
(CCWG-Accountability), ICANN President and CEO Fadi Chehadé reflects on
these accomplishments and gives his view of the road ahead in the following
video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMusmAcQpu0
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMusmAcQpu0&feature=youtu.be>
&feature=youtu.be.

Finally, the chair of the ccNSO; Byron Holland, issued an open call to the
ccTLD community on the IANA Stewardship Transition at
https://www.icann.org/news/blog/a-call-to-the-global-cctld-community-on-the-
iana-stewardship-transition-let-s-have-our-voice-heard-en.

We intend to share with you more of such updates as we move forward in hopes
that you all get more involved in this process.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions related
to the transition or any other ICANN related matter.

Thank you,

Baher Esmat and Fahd Batayneh

Global Stakeholder Engagement, Middle East

ICANN