[menog] MENOG 16 Postponed

MENOG Secretariat menog at ripe.net
Tue Nov 17 14:42:07 UTC 2015

Dear MENOG community,

Recently, MENOG was falsely portrayed in an Iranian newspaper in a
negative manner. This raised concerns among some international partners
and it became clear that the upcoming MENOG 16 Meeting would not be able
to take place in an inclusive and open manner. As a result, the MENOG
Programme Committee, along with the meeting hosts, have decided to
postpone the meeting and workshops that were scheduled to take place 26
November - 1 December in Tehran.

This was a difficult decision for everyone involved to make, and we
understand that it will come as a disappointment, especially for those
of you who were planning to attend the meeting and workshops. We trust
that you will understand our position on this.

We want to assure you that the MENOG community remains a top priority
for us. We expected this meeting to be well attended and everyone
involved remains very committed to continuing the great momentum we have
helped build among the Iranian Internet community. Along with the
meeting hosts and the RIPE NCC, we will work to find an alternative that
will allow everyone to come together and participate as a community in
the true spirit of MENOG. We look forward to planning a successful MENOG
16 Meeting in Iran together as soon as possible.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us at <menog at ripe.net> if you have any
questions.

Thank you for your understanding,

Khalid Samara