[menog] WannaCry Ransomware

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Sun Jun 4 20:48:27 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

One of the key tools that worked during WannaCry was Exploitable Port Filtering in the Operator’s networks. Two articles are just posted to help those Operators/ISPs/Carriers who have not yet deployed this type of filtering:

What are you doing to prepare for the next “scanning malware?”
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-you-doing-prepare-next-scanning-malware-internet-barry-greene

Filtering Exploitable Ports and Minimizing Risk to and from Your Customers
http://www.senki.org/exploitable-port-filtering/

The later article will be updated over the next month. I’m working with a variety of operators to get their deployment experience documented. Please e-mail me if you have questions, comments, or suggestions. I would also welcome insight from anyone on MENOG who have deployed Exploitable Port Filtering in their networks.

Barry