[menog] FW: Call for AIS'17 Presentations
fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Tue Mar 14 14:55:27 UTC 2017
The Africa Internet Summit 2017 in Nairobi, Kenya in late May might be of interest to some.
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 at 12:32 PM
Subject: Call for AIS'17 Presentations
We invite all individuals wishing to present during AIS’17, which will be held from 21 May to 2 June 2017 to submit their presentation abstract.
To enrich the discussions and share knowledge with the technical community at AIS’17, we are seeking presentations of a wide range of issues, broadly related to access and development of the Internet in Africa. We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
• Internet Governance
• Core Internet Infrastructure
• Access, Utility and Development
• The Internet and Economic Development
• Business Practices and Technology
• Higher Education in the Age of Technology
• Cyber Security
• Technology and Business
• Cloud Computing
• Open Data/Big Data
• Technology and Content Production
• Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
• Mobile Applications
• Peering and Interconnection
Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session, a tutorial, or a live technical demonstration.
Kindly read all information carefully before submitting your proposal.
• Presentations should be 15 -30 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
• The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
• The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than five (5) days prior to the presentation date.
• Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts if required. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content will not be considered.
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
1. Please register/login on the AIS’17 website at: https://internetsummitafrica.org/component/afmeeting/?view=login<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__internetsummitafrica.org_component_afmeeting_-3Fview-3Dlogin&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=pu7jN3q1ZBfuo7H0_TGgnLZ6DmTKXODkmnlRRHjLLAY&m=d9LdVK1RBshlLW_nAP1w6dOCdKYPUqlqABqL1jMr-dU&s=1IBaaKvm5DB47RKAyagBS6vxAvTxTRAJo6qvGbtInsM&e=>
2. Fill in the online form with the requested information.
3. In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography and slides if available and you are done!
Important dates to note
Deadline for submitting an application – 9 April 2017
Notification of acceptance of application – 16 April 2017
Submission of draft presentation – 23 April 2017
Submission of final presentation - 23 May 2017
We look forward to reading your proposals.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Menog