[menog] [IGF 2017] Questionnaire about communicating Internet governance

Michael J. Oghia mike.oghia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:15:58 UTC 2017

FYI everyone: my colleagues, Jelena and Agustina, and I are conducting a
survey for our IGF 2017 session (WS 161), and would appreciate your
feedback.

Thank you,
-Michael Oghia
_________________

Dear fellow community members,

Have you ever had difficulties explaining what Internet governance is to
your friends and family? What is your magic answer to the question: *“OK,
but what do you REALLY do?”* If so, you’re not alone. We have been
struggling with these types of questions for a long time, which is why we
are trying to find a better way to communicate Internet governance.

This is why we – Agustina Callegari, Michael Oghia, and Jelena Ozegovic –
are hosting a collaborative workshop at IGF 2017 in order to discuss how we
can communicate IG more effectively. To kick off the session, we need your
help!

We have created a questionnaire to help us shed light on this. Please take
5-10 minutes to anonymously share your wisdom and experience with us:

*https://goo.gl/forms/t4mmgI6nHkNAFDF82*
<https://goo.gl/forms/t4mmgI6nHkNAFDF82>

The questionnaire will close on: *10 December 2017*.

The results of this questionnaire will be presented on 20 December 2017 in
Geneva at the IGF as part of our workshop: WS 161
<https://bit.ly/IGF2017WS161> – Explaining Internet governance to friends &
family 101: How to improve our communication? *You also have the option to
leave your email address at the end of the questionnaire in case you would
like to know the results, which we will share after the IGF.*

Let us know if you have any questions by replying to this email. Thank you
in advance!

-Agustina, Michael, and Jelena
WS 161 organizers