[menog] FW: Cybersecurity Project Call for “Cybersecurity in the Middle-East” Fellowship
fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Wed Feb 28 09:20:56 UTC 2018
This fellowship on Cybersecurity in the Middle-East might be of interest to some. If interested, please read on.
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 11:09 AM
Subject: FW: Cybersecurity Project call for “Cybersecurity in the Middle-East” Fellowship
View this email in your browser<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__links.hks-2Dbelfercenter.mkt4851.com_servlet_MailView-3Fms-3DMTkwOTU4OTUS1-26r-3DMzgwNTg2MjA1OTMwS0-26j-3DMTIwMTc1NzE2NAS2-26mt-3D1-26rt-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=K2FTKNuWb7Wf7f2CPCidMAlhi_unNVA6jjeHLvfMGss&m=v7nIF1TS-PIive6WuZ-WQMkhX3uOCuZC4-CboRXWosI&s=hP07GP6RbRQhCaShUfB6LJAQO0wAkeKnj6TXSepQ3Q0&e=>
[elfer Center for Science and International Affairs]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__links.hks-2Dbelfercenter.mkt4851.com_ctt-3Fkn-3D2-26ms-3DMTkwOTU4OTUS1-26r-3DMzgwNTg2MjA1OTMwS0-26b-3D0-26j-3DMTIwMTc1NzE2NAS2-26mt-3D1-26rt-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=K2FTKNuWb7Wf7f2CPCidMAlhi_unNVA6jjeHLvfMGss&m=v7nIF1TS-PIive6WuZ-WQMkhX3uOCuZC4-CboRXWosI&s=i61i3-0grjFExQmsgQkg85ljvdJCWP2uGtlNZlo2_LY&e=>
Applications Open for “Cybersecurity in the Middle-East” Fellowship<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__links.hks-2Dbelfercenter.mkt4851.com_ctt-3Fkn-3D13-26ms-3DMTkwOTU4OTUS1-26r-3DMzgwNTg2MjA1OTMwS0-26b-3D0-26j-3DMTIwMTc1NzE2NAS2-26mt-3D1-26rt-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=K2FTKNuWb7Wf7f2CPCidMAlhi_unNVA6jjeHLvfMGss&m=v7nIF1TS-PIive6WuZ-WQMkhX3uOCuZC4-CboRXWosI&s=2wjSgD5_MhO4cei0b1wh0-XhwvulVWNDNeFqdkkMs8o&e=>
Over the last 10 years, no region has seen more cyber attacks than the Middle East. These attacks include traditional acts of cybercrime, like a $45 million heist against two banks in Oman and the UAE in 2013. More worrisome are the cyber attacks that seek to sabotage critical, physical infrastructure, like the destructive attacks against the business networks of Saudi Aramco and Qatar’s Rasgas in 2012. In those twin attacks, tens of thousands of computers were rendered useless and production at these facilities was brought to a standstill. Making matters worse is that countries in the region continue to adopt new digital technologies into their societies, economies, and their infrastructure, without the requisite attention to security. The result is a region poised to see continuing vulnerability as connectivity outpaces security.
The Cybersecurity Project at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs is looking for a junior or mid-career practitioner or academic with a strong background or interest in cybersecurity and the Middle East to address these issues. The topic of cybersecurity should be construed broadly and does not require professional-level technical competency.
This in-residence fellowship at the Belfer Center is anticipated to last for ten months (from September 2018 to June 2019). The fellow will be expected to:
* Develop a policy-relevant research proposal about cybersecurity and the Middle East.
* Write a report about cybersecurity and the Middle East.
* Participate in the Cybersecurity Project’s team research meetings and seminars.
* Participate in the events and activities of the Middle East Initiative as much as possible.
To apply, please submit the following information in one (1) email to mari_dugas at hks.harvard.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__links.hks-2Dbelfercenter.mkt4851.com_ctt-3Fkn-3D4-26ms-3DMTkwOTU4OTUS1-26r-3DMzgwNTg2MjA1OTMwS0-26b-3D0-26j-3DMTIwMTc1NzE2NAS2-26mt-3D1-26rt-3D0&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=K2FTKNuWb7Wf7f2CPCidMAlhi_unNVA6jjeHLvfMGss&m=v7nIF1TS-PIive6WuZ-WQMkhX3uOCuZC4-CboRXWosI&s=reRKprdrxOeqm13xe_zsB-g6Wba-ZV9q7likVe7HYKY&e=> by March 30th, 11:59 PM.
* Personal information
* Full Name
* Phone Number
* 1 page resume or CV, including most recent education/degree and work experience
* Writing sample (maximum 2500 words)
* Your writing sample may be an excerpt from, or the entirety of, a published or unpublished piece written by the applicant (co-authored pieces not accepted) in English. The subject of the writing sample need not be explicitly about cybersecurity and the Middle East, but some link to the region or technology issues is preferred.
* Research statement (maximum 2500 words)
* The first page should be a statement of no more than 250 words that describes the policy relevance of the proposed research. This statement should articulate the intended audience, as well as the problem or problems that the research will help the intended audience address.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Menog