[menog] FW: Proposal for Future Root Zone KSK Rollovers

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Sat Nov 2 06:12:41 UTC 2019

Dear All,

If the KSK Rollover was something that grabbed your attention when it last happened in 2017/2018, you may want to share your input and feedback as suggested below.

Thank you,

Fahd Batayneh
ICANN

Date: Friday, November 1, 2019 at 10:48 PM
Subject: ICANN News Alert -- Proposal for Future Root Zone KSK Rollovers

[ICANN Announcement Alerts]

Proposal for Future Root Zone KSK Rollovers<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__newsalerts.icann.org_MN0E0000C101d00yP0BR0X2&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=pu7jN3q1ZBfuo7H0_TGgnLZ6DmTKXODkmnlRRHjLLAY&m=qvY1XVJbeyETlfAGNNMIrbcJNMWZTUldnKcOGARhSno&s=7N-OsYX2bf07mqRyWpsEw9z-5QkRdJDnSq4W6SLidqY&e=>

Open Date:

Close Date:

Originating Organization:

IANA

Categories/Tags:

  *   Operations/Finance
  *   Security/Stability

Brief Overview:

We are seeking feedback on our proposal for how future Root Zone Key Signing Key (KSK) changes are made. We are proposing a predictable approach by establishing a standard KSK rollover process and interval.

Link:

https://www.icann.org/public-comments/proposal-future-rz-ksk-rollovers-2019-11-01-en<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__newsalerts.icann.org_f001d0P00Y001R20CNEzB00&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=pu7jN3q1ZBfuo7H0_TGgnLZ6DmTKXODkmnlRRHjLLAY&m=qvY1XVJbeyETlfAGNNMIrbcJNMWZTUldnKcOGARhSno&s=MY1FY3oyBRue3eWj04a3h5rHxAZ4LyPbDqFALaczR8w&e=>

About ICANN

ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.

[shadow]