[menog] Middle East and Adjoint Countries School on Internet Governance (MEAC-SIG 2021v) - Call for Applications

Chafic Chaya cchaya at ripe.net
Mon May 31 13:22:21 UTC 2021

Dear friends and colleagues,

This is a call for applications to attend the Middle East and Adjoining Countries School on Internet Governance 2021v (MEAC-SIG 2021v).

When: 4-8 July 2021 [5 days]
Time of Sessions: 08.00 – 11.30 AM UTC
Where: Virtually over ZOOM
Language: English

This year’s event is co-organized by ICANN, the Internet Society, and the RIPE NCC.

We invite academics, civil society, government and public sector, the technical community and the private sector from the Middle East and Adjoining Countries (22 Arab States, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan) to take this unique opportunity. Applicants must fulfill the following conditions:

Must be a citizen of the MEAC region, or resides in the MEAC region;
Must have not attended any past SIGs;
Confirm that you can access the ZOOM platform from within your geography;
Must fulfill all elements of the SIG, and this includes enrolling in all online courses assigned, and attend all sessions; and
Must fill out the application form in its entirety. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.

MEAC-SIG 2021v will be organized completely in English only, and attendance is free of charge.

How to apply? Please fill out the application form at https://forms.gle/Y5PHhZxBRqERaZQv7 <https://forms.gle/Y5PHhZxBRqERaZQv7>.

The application form remains available until Monday 14 June at 23.59 UTC.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (cchaya at ripe.net <mailto:cchaya at ripe.net>) or my colleague Fahd Batayneh from ICANN (fahd.batayneh at icann.org <mailto:fahd.batayneh at icann.org>)

Best Regards,
 Chafic Chaya