[menog] Applications Open: MANRS Mentors & Ambassadors Program

Hanna Kreitem hannaq at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 09:17:26 UTC 2023

Hello,

MANRS brings together Mentors and Ambassadors in a leadership program to
make the global routing infrastructure more robust and secure. Applications
are now open for the MANRS Mentors and Ambassadors Program, and will close
on 19 April. Learn more in the blog post at
https://www.manrs.org/2023/04/applications-open-for-manrs-mentors-and-ambassadors-program/
or
on the program page at https://www.manrs.org/champions/.

Mentors are well respected routing security professionals who help guide
Ambassadors and advise the community. Ambassadors are emerging leaders who
work to improve their own skills and collaborate to improve routing
security in their regions and industries. Together, they train diverse
communities on good routing practices, analyze routing incidents, research
ways to secure routing, and survey the global policy landscape.

Mentors and Ambassadors select one track - training, research, or policy -
during the application process. They must commit to the entire length of
the six-month program, running June 1 to December 1, including monthly
meetings and regular online discussions. This year, we’re planning a
symposium at the end of the program where the participants can share their
work with the entire community.

The Internet Society supports this program as part of its work to reduce
common routing threats and establish norms for network operations. We’re
proud to announce the APNIC Foundation is also sponsoring the program again
this year. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available; contact us
if you’re interested.

Applications will close on *19 April*. Find out more and apply online via
the Internet Society Foundation’s online portal at
https://isocfoundation.fluxx.io/user_sessions/new. You will have to create
an account if you do not already have one.

I encourage you to share this call for applications with anyone in your
network you think may be interested. If you have any questions about this
program or the application process, email manrs-champions at manrs.org.

Thank you,
Hanna.