[menog] .asia landrush

Hashim Hilal hhilal at alkhorayef.com
Tue Feb 26 17:38:00 GMT 2008

Can someone better address the TLD landrush?

"We are ready for something big. All of our people and systems are in place and we look forward to the commencement of the .asia landrush" (DotAsia Orginization)

BBC says .asia will go live March and also adds

      Once it starts, there's far less protection for companies' trademarks and its open season on the .asia domain name for cybersquatters, online speculators and competitors.

Can our ICANN fellow compadres give insight into TLD (.me .asia etc etc) & how can our companies not get under the stampede for such landrush.

Best Regards,
Hashim

IPv6 TF ME
MENOG