[menog] RE: .asia landrush

Baher Esmat baher.esmat at icann.org
Wed Feb 27 07:19:43 GMT 2008

Landrush refers to the period of time where registrations in a TLD are open to the public. Most registries, during their launch, run a period or successive periods of Sunrise which are designed to protect the rights of governments, trademark holders, etc. Once Landrush starts, depending on the registry, it's generally first-come-first-served for name registration. DotAsia is a bit different in that its Landrush is a set period of time and that multiple, qualified applications for the same string during this period will be allocated via auction and not first-come-first-served. For information about DotAsia's Landrush program, see http://www.registry.asia/pressreleases/DotAsia-PR-Landrush-2007-11-30_EN.pdf.  For information about DotAsia's Sunrise periods, please see http://www.asia.asia/info/DotAsia-launch-2007-07.pdf.

Hope this helps.

Baher