[menog] SANOG 12 Information
Gaurab Raj Upadhaya
gaurab at lahai.com
Thu Jul 31 08:42:15 GMT 2008
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
It may be relevant to some folks on this list. specially the workshops
which are yet to make an entry into MENOG.
6-14 August 2008, Kathmandu, Nepal
SANOG 12 is only a week away and we'd like to invite you to the SANOG 12
in Kathmandu. As a premier networking and technology event in the
region, SANOG events provide an unique opportunity for you to meet your
peers and talk about networks.
SANOG was started to bring together operators for educational as well as
co-operation. SANOG provides a regional forum to discuss operational
issues and technologies of interest to data operators in the South Asian
Region. It also provides high value training at affordable prices.
SANOG 12 is being hosted in Kathmandu, Nepal during 6-14 August 2008.
SANOG 12 is hosted in Nepal by the Nepal Internet Exchange with support
of CAN and ISPAN. The SANOG program consists of 5 days of hands-on
workshop, followed by tutorials and conference.
All details are available on the website at http://www.sanog.org/sanog12/.
Register now. Workshops have limited seats.
Highlights of SANOG XII
- - 3 parallel Workshops on VOIP, Multicast, IPv6
- - 4 Parallel Tutorials on Advanced Routing, Security, MPLS, Metro
Ethernet, QoS and Campus Networks
- - 2 days of Conference with renowned speakers from all over the world.
Peering and Networking Building at 10G by Nigel Titley, Easynet
Building Wireless Networks in the Nepali Mountains the open-source way
by Dr. Mahabir Pun, Nepal Wireless Networking Project
Regional Panel on Connectivity :
With participants from India, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Nepal, a panel and
impact assessment of new regional connectivity options.
Regional R&E Network Meeting:
For the first time, a effort is being made to initiate a meeting of
regional research and education network.
Some of the Topics on agenda are:
- - IPv4 and IPv6 BGP Multihoming Techniques, Troubleshooting BGP by
Philip Smith, Australia
- - Tutorial on Network Operations Practices, by Steve Gibbard, USA
- - Infrastructure Security Best Practice : Merike Kaeo, USA
- - Any Service Restoration in 50 ms, Robert Raszuk, Poland
- - DNSSec is 6 Minutes - Peter Losher, ISC, USA
- - Notice on IPv6 address architecture - Yoshinobu Matsuzaki, IIJ Japan
- - RIPE NCC Information Services and Analysing Internet Events - Mark
- - TLD.CZ and FRED Development - Tomas Marsalek,CZ
- - How to craft the Internet beyond IPv4 and two-byte ASNs: Sinivas
The detailed program is available at
Register soon and more details on http://www.sanog.org/sanog12/
We hope to see you in Kathmandu
For Further Information
SANOG XII Secretariat
info at sanog.org
Tel. 4360180 ext 24
Attn. Rajan Parajuli
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Menog