[menog] Watchdog warns of increased cybercrime threat [in Africa]

Steve Santorelli steve at cymru.com
Mon Sep 7 18:55:44 GMT 2009

Please excuse me if this post is not appropriate but I thought it
might be of interest to this list:

http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Company%20Industry/-/539550/654440/-/u765i9z/-/

"International experts are sounding the alarm over the increased
security risk to the country as it adapts to high speed internet
brought home by fibre connectivity.

A new report released exclusively to Business Daily by Team Cymru, an
American-based online security watch-dog, reveals that the number of
malicious incidents reported on Kenyan sites has increased and
predicts that the number of attacks will rise as more companies go
online. "

warm regards,

Steve.