[menog] New Arabic TLD and idea's popularity

Ahmed Abu-Abed ahmed at tamkien.com
Sun Oct 27 18:51:06 UTC 2013

Hi Tom,

Country code TLDs have been available since 2010 for 4 Arab countries at least. Unfortunately its not on most peoples priority list for implementing, and I have not noticed any advertising for an Arabic URL over the past couple of years (I live in the MENOG region).

As for CloudFlares IDNs, it would be good to filter out which are using the Arabic alphabet and know how many Arabic IDNs are actually out there. That would require a good understanding of Punycode used to translate an IDN into Latin characters.

Regards,
-Ahmed