[menog] New Arabic TLD and idea's popularity

Ahmed Abu-Abed ahmed at tamkien.com
Wed Oct 30 09:17:07 UTC 2013

Hi Fahd,

IMHO resolving variants and keyboard compatibility needs more on the practice of building consensus than anything else. And building consensus is not easy in this part of the world as the language is actively used by many cultures. I think Arabic is at a unique & difficult position when it comes to IDNs as other non-Latin languages are dominated by single country which can set the rules easily.

That said, we still need to market the Arab IDN more actively so people are aware of the option.

-Ahmed