[menog] Looking for 100% DNS Virtualization Best Practice

Osama I. Al-Dosary dosary at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 12:20:27 UTC 2016

Salaam community

In the past we used to virtualize some of the infrastructure services
such DNS and LDAP, but leave one server instance running physically just
in case an issue occurred with the virtual infrastructure.

I'm looking for best practice guidance in fully virtualizing BIND (on
any hypervisor).
Examples of guidance I'm looking for include:
- Is an acceptable design to virtualize all the DNS servers?
- If so, how common is it?
- If all is virtualizaed what configuration needs to be in place to
maintain availability in the case of disruption on the host or DC level?
(anti-affinity, auto-restart, boot priorities, etc.)

Any guidance shared would be appreciated.

TIA
--
Regards
-Osama