Fw: [menog] etisalat ignoring abuse complaints?

Fahad AlShirawi fahad at 2connectbahrain.com
Fri Feb 19 16:55:24 GMT 2010

Note: Ahmed is my friend so the following is NOT me marketing to him but
an inside joke that we share.

Ahmed, my dear man, isn't that YOUR fault for using Batelco? :) There
are plenty of other operators but you always seem to end up with the bad
ones whether it is through your decision or someone else's... Shouldn't
complain when you have choice! Now if you DIDN'T have choice, that would
be a different story.

End of Internal joke. But the principle holds true. If a carrier, or a
user, has a problem with a carrier and they have choice, they should
move to someone else. If Etisalat is sending out a lot of spam, block
their whole range from your network until they fix it. If they do not,
they will lose access to the rest of the world...

Or, if you want a better solution, use this list to do more than ask why
Etisalat isn't doing something. There are members of Etisalat on this
list. There are also people who know members of Etisalat on this list so
if they miss the email, you can just ask someone to let them know.
Please give me details of your problem and I'll bbm it to a friend of
mine and ask him to help. MENOG members working together... that's the
whole point isn't it?

Fahad.