[menog] Microsoft offered $7.5M for Nortel's IPv4

Owen DeLong owend at he.net
Tue Mar 29 19:41:16 GMT 2011

IANA back then was Jon Postel and another individual whose name escapes me at the moment (Grace something? IIRC) under contract to DARPA and later NSF followed by USDOC. Since its inception, the IANA has always been a contract agency of the united States government, a situation which remains today. ICANN operates the IANA under contract to USDOC.

Owen

Sent from my iPad