[menog] New Content on RIPE Labs

MENOG Secertariat menog at ripe.net
Sun Oct 23 11:07:42 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

It's been busy on RIPE Labs lately. Thanks for all the great
contributions!

1. Marco Hogewoning, RIPE NCC, is looking at the Internet of Things and how it can
help to make the world a better place:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/marco_hogewoning/for-the-good-of-the-internet-of-things <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/marco_hogewoning/for-the-good-of-the-internet-of-things>

2. Geoff Huston, APNIC, is wondering how can we tell whether, and where, IPv6 is
being deployed in today’s Internet:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/gih/ipv6-and-the-dns <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/gih/ipv6-and-the-dns>

3. Marco Schmidt, RIPE NCC, uses the additional criteria for initial IPv6
allocations as an example to describe how the policy development process
works:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/marco_schmidt/supporting-ipv6-deployment-through-policy <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/marco_schmidt/supporting-ipv6-deployment-through-policy>

4. Tony Scheid, Arbor Networks, writes about fighting Distributed
Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks during the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/mirjam/defending-the-olympics-from-ddos <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/mirjam/defending-the-olympics-from-ddos>

5. Geoff Huston, APNIC, evaluates if the elliptical curve cryptographic
algorithm (ECDSA) is a viable crypto algorithm for use in DNSSEC today:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/gih/dnssec-and-ecdsa <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/gih/dnssec-and-ecdsa>

6. Pedro Vaz, RIPE NCC, is looking back at two years of RIPE NCC Academy
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/pedrovaz/the-ripe-ncc-academy-two-years-later <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/pedrovaz/the-ripe-ncc-academy-two-years-later>

7. Vesna Manojlovic, Michela Galante and Suzanne Taylor, RIPE NCC, explain how members can make use of the
credits they earn by hosting a RIPE Atlas probe:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/what-can-you-do-with-one-million-ripe-atlas-credits <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/what-can-you-do-with-one-million-ripe-atlas-credits>

8. Stephane Bortzmeyer, AFNIC, is using RIPE Atlas to measure censorship on the
Internet, this time at Orange in France:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/stephane_bortzmeyer/orange-blacklisting-a-case-for-measuring-censorship <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/stephane_bortzmeyer/orange-blacklisting-a-case-for-measuring-censorship>

9. Robert Kisteleki, RIPE NCC, Do we want to continue support for non-public measurements in RIPE
Atlas? See this article (and the related polls) by :
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/kistel/non-public-measurements-in-ripe-atlas <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/kistel/non-public-measurements-in-ripe-atlas>

10. Vesna Manojlovic, RIPE NCC, wrote an article about the overlap between the RIPE community
and the hackers community and how they could possibly benefit from each
other more:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/six-years-of-hackerspaces-tours-during-ripe-meetings <https://labs.ripe.net/Members/becha/six-years-of-hackerspaces-tours-during-ripe-meetings>

Enjoy!
If you are interested in publishing on RIPE Labs please mail us and we can help you write it.
Regards,
MENOG Secretariat